The mango is considered to be one of the royal fruits, and is one of the favorite fruits in cuisines all around the world. The ripe mangos have a rosy skin, sweet golden flesh which is all around the pit.
But, other than being one of the most favorable fruits in the world, being included in different meals, from sweet to spicy and tropical smoothies, the mango can offer you a long list of health benefits. It is not just a fruit that tastes amazing, what will definitely amaze you is this long list of health benefits. Keep on reading and find them out!
1. The mango will lower your levels of cholesterol – the high amounts of pectin, fiber as well as Vitamin C help you lower your cholesterol levels, and it especially focuses on lowering the bad levels of cholesterol in the body, so a mango a day will definitely maintain your health.
2. The mango will clear your skin – this is an amazing fruit that you will get a lot of good use from, especially when it comes to the health and appearance of the skin. The mango can be used both internally and topically when it comes to aiding the skin. Believe it or not, this particular fruit is able to help clearing the clogged pores and get rid of pimples.
3. The mango will improve the health of the eyes – you are probably not familiar with this, but a cup of sliced mangoes contain 25% of the daily needed value of Vitamin A, promoting good eyesight and prevents night blindness as well as dry eyes. So, consuming mango on a regular basis will maintain the good and healthy vision. This vitamin is also important if you want to develop healthy tissues during the night while you’re asleep. In addition, the Vitamin A will keep the moisture and radiant look of the hair and skin.
4. The mango will alkalize the entire body – the mangoes contain a pretty high amount of potassium, which is an important electrolyte that alkalizes the body and regulats the growth as well as the contraction of the muscles. So, in general, the malic acid, the tartaric acid and the traces of citric acid maintain the reserves of alkali in the body.
5. The mango will help with diabetes – the mango leaves are actually the ones that help here. They can hellp normalize the levels of sugar in the blood. There is a traditional home made remedy here, and it is comprised out of taking some mango leaves and boiling them in water, leaving them overnight to soak, and then consuming the liquid in the morning. What you also should know here is that the mango fruit contains a low glycemic index, so moderate servings will not spike your blood sugar levels.
6. The mango will promote healthier sex – the mango fruit is an excellent source of Vitamin E. Even though the popular connecton between the elevated sex drive and this particular vitamin was actually a mistake during a studies conducted on laboratory rats, it seems that after all it is not that far from the truth. Further researches have shown that the proper balanced amount of whole foods will actually do the trick for you.
7. The mango will boost your entire immune system – there are significant amounts of Vitamin C as well as Vitamin A in the body, along with other 25 different kinds of carotenoids. These are the nutrients that maintain the immune system at an optimal level, making it harder for you to succumb to various ailment and falling under the weather.
8. The mango will help fight against heat stroke – if you juice the fruit from a green mango and mix it up with a little bit of water, it will help you cool down the body and prevent the harm that comes from overheating the body. The main reason why people are feeling exhausted and diuretic when visiting an equatorial climate is because the strong energy from he sun is literally burning your body up, and it especially focuses on the muscles while doing so. This is how the kidneys become overloaded with toxins from this process.
9. The mango will improve digestion – so, this is kind of big news – the papaya is not the only fruit that contains enzymes which are able to break down the protein in the body. The mangoes can do it too. There are several other fruits, besides the mango, that can do the same thing just as well as the papaya. Also, there is fiber in the mango, which aids in the process of digestion and elimination of the harmful toxins from the body.
10. The mango will maintain normal blood pressure levels – finally, the mangoes are very high in magnesium, which is an important mineral when it comes to the overall health. But, this mineral is especially important for those people who are suffering from high blood pressure levels. The magnesium can help you here, helping the arteries and muscles relax in a better and easier way, thus naturally lowering this risk factor.
If you take all of these benefits into consideration the mangoes are an excellent way to maintain the optimal health of the body. Even though you have to take some precautions (such as allergies) if you are trying it for the first time, most of the people find it to be an excellent addition to their every day dieting plans. Mangoes are very easy to find, are affordable and can be included in plenty of different recipes. And since they are available all throughout the year, you can start consuming them from today!
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):