We would like to open up the topic of today’s subject on an interesting note – if you haven’t tried it, you are going to love this fruit! We are talking about these flavorful gems which are so little, and yet so filled with deliciousness and nutrients too! Each bite of these fruits is packed with incredible health benefits.
You may be fooled by the small size of this fruits, but believe us, they are a complete powerhouse of nutrients! This is why we have chosen this particular fruit to share with you today. In addition, we are going to provide you with the best health benefits that come with the regular consumption of this amazing fruit, so stick around and find them out!
1. It is low in calories – the golden berries only have about 53 calories in only 100 grams which is the amount of a typical serving. They contain plenty of vitamins such as Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K1, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2 and Vitamin B3, as well as fatty acids and phytosterols. The trace amounts of calcium and iron, plus the presence of some other minerals are also found in the golden berries. But their claim as a super food does not come only from their nutritional value.
2. Very high in antioxidants – this unique fruit has specialized antioxidants, most of them including the polyphenols and carotenoids, which qualify it as a super food useful for its anti inflammatory as well as other healing qualities. There have been plenty of research which have found the use of golden berry extract in cancer, diabetes and hypertension. These berries also have liver and kidney protective properties too. There has been a recent study which found out that the golden berry extract improved the function of the kidney after a renal injury. Apparently, their unique antioxidant power is the most important thing that adds up to their healing value.
3. Know the healing powers of the withanolides – the major compound which has been found in the golden berries that seems to do the healing is actually a group of naturally occurring steroidal lactones called withanolides. The entire plant, (not only the fruit) contains withanolides.
The four main withanolides have been isolated from the entire plant, along with the discovery of nine withanolides, previously unknown to the world. The withanolides are also what gives the Ashwagandha plant its value as an adaptogenic healing plant.
There has been a considerable amount of research which has been conducted on Ashwagandha, often known as the Indian ginseng in order to find out all of its benefits to the endocrine system. The withanolides found in the golden berries are considered to have similar effects including some anticancer benefits.
4. Boost your entire immune system – every serving comprised out of these magnificent golden berries contain a handful of Vitamin A and Vitamin C too! This is an incredible berry that will provide your immune system with a boost in order to help you ward off any illnesses as well as help you boost the functions of every possible system in the body. If you stack up on golden berries this winter you will stay strong all throughout the seasons of colds and flu.
5. Will reduce your stress as well as your anxiety – probably one of the most amazing and unique qialities of the golden berries is its content in withanolides. They are a naturally occurring adaptogen, which is actually able to help your body adapt to the stress, all by means of improving your adrenal system. In turn, this will reduce the feelings of anxiety and irritability as well as stress in the entire body. When a certain amount of time has passed, the adaptogens have all been connected to an improved well being.
6. Will promote an excellent digestive health – there have been several ways of how the golden berries are able to promote digestive health. First of all, bear in mind that the golden berries are a diuretic which help flush out the excess amount of water as well as the toxins right out of the body.
Another thing is, just one serving of berries can provide you with about 21 grams of fiber. This is more than about 80% of your recommended daily dose. The fiber is able to aid your digestion simply by encouraging the regular movements of the bowel, and by doing that, your body will be able to get rid of all the excess waste as well as toxins.
7. Will help you fight inflammation – the ancient Indian culture has actually praised the golden berries as a food that contains medicinal properties. Some of the modern research has shown that the golden berries actually contain a lot of anti inflammatory properties.
The inflammation is considered to be a common cause of many different ailments such as eczema, fatigue, muscle stiffness, bronchitis, asthma, swollen joints as well as headaches. So, if you decide to incorporate the golden berries in your every day dieting plan you will definitely keep all of these ailments at bay.
8. It is able to detox the entire body – believe it or not, these amazing little berries are actually very powerful when it comes to helping your body detox. Each of the nutritional profiles of the berries cannot even compare to this one – it is complete and filled with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and all of them are able to nourish the kidney as well as the liver. Both of these organs play a very important role when it comes to flushing the toxins out of the body. And we all know that the less tooxins there are in your body, the more energized and vibrant you feel.
9. It will deliver antioxidants to you – the golden berries will definitely deliver to you a full set of antioxidants including the carotenoids as well as the polyphenols. All of these antioxidants are able to fight the damage done by the free radicals which can ultimately lead to any type of a degenerative disease. So, make sure you enjoy these pleasant berries, hopefully on a regular basis in order to prevent some serious issues such as cancer from developing over time.
10. It will keep your hunger at bay – well, the golden berries are actually the most amazing snack! You can either enjoy them on their own or mix them up with some nuts and seeds, because any way you decide to consume them, they will keep you filled with energy! The golden berries are able to keep the hunger at bay mostly because they contain about 16% of protein in them. Note that when put into comparison, the blueberries as well as the cranberries contain zero protein.
The scientists have not yet fully discovered all of the benefits that can come with the regular consumption of the golden berries. However, so far they have seemed to have found out just about enough to make you wanna consume them right now! If you don’t quite know how to incoporate them into your dietary plan, then try adding them to your morning smoothie for an energy kick or use them as a snack between meals. They are easy to transport so you can even bring them to your workplace, and trust us, you will not be able to keep your hands off of them!
Finally, what you definitely need to be aware of is that the golden berries, even though are generally considered to be non toxic, extremely high doses are able to cause toxicity in the heart tissues of the men. Also, if you happen to be suffering from allergies, make sure you consult with your doctor prior to consuming these amazing berries! Other than that, you’re good to go, so start consuming them on a regular basis now!
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):