The gojiberries are considered to be one of the best Chinese food additives and medicine too. They can be found literally anywhere in the world and are usually of a dark red or orange color, and an oval small shape. They can be bitter tasting or sweet.
The gojiberries have been used for a very long time in the culinary world as well as in the world of medicine. The liquid made out of the gojiberries was believed to increase the longevity. Other than that, these berries are filled with all kinds of nutrients which have been found to be helpful for the overall health of the body.
So, today we have decided to present to you all of the nutrients and health benefits that come along with this amazing fruit, so stick around and find them all out!
1. It will help you prevent diabetes – the diabetes has emerged as one of the major diseases in the world in these modern times. Controlling or preventing the diabetes is absolutely necessary because it can lead to the development of several other diseases such as obesity, heart diseases or any cardiovascular diseases, strokes and even ocular diseases. One of the major health benefits of consuming the goji berries at a regular basis is that they can help in controlling the diabetes. Some recent studies have suggested that the fruit extracts from the goji berries possesses considerable hypoglycemic properties.
2. It will control your cholesterol levels – the cholesterol is one of the major reasons for the development of any heart diseases. The cholesterol is able to form a plaque like structure inside of the blood vessels as well as arteries that obstruct the entire flow of blood.
This, in turn, will cause for the heart to pump with a higher force thus resulting in heart weakening, which can often be followed by a heart attack. At the very beginning, remember that the cholesterol is of two types. One is the HDL or high density lipid cholesterol, which is the good cholesterol, and the other is the LDL or low density lipid cholesterol, which is the bad cholesterol.
It is the LDL bad cholesterol that forms the plaque and leads to heart weakening. Several recent studies have shown that the intake of gojiberries reduces the high cholesterol levels. In particular the LDL cholesterol levels are the ones being reduced.
3. It will boost your entire immune system – the antioxidants, as the name suggests, are a wide range of chemicals that react and also neutralize the action of the free radicals produced in the body. The free radicals, if left alone and unattended to, can damage the tissues, cells and cell membranes and the DNA over time, resulting in the development of various severe diseases.
Researches have suggested that the consumption of the goji may help in the reduction of all these medical conditions related to the free radicals. The antioxidants which are present in the gojiberry may also help in boosting the whole immune system.
4. Provide you with cardiovascular protection – the free radicals can attack the heart just as they can attack any other organ. Even though this happens over a longer period of time, it is still required to take precautionary measures. The gojiberry contains some antioxidant chemicals that protect the heart from the damage of the free radicals. There have been plenty of recent studies which have all noted significant free radical scavenging in the heart by the gojiberry extracts.
5. It will help you maintain a healthy body – the health benefits of the gojiberry include a general well being and a healthy body. The results of a study which was conducted suggest that the regular consumption of the gojiberry enhance and improve the gastrointestinal functions and reduce stress as well as the fatigue. The goji is also able to improve the neurological and psychological performance as well.
6. It contains anti cancer properties – the goji berry was not only eaten as a whole food because the Chinese also used it to treat cancer in their traditional medicine. Some scientific investigations about the powers of the goji berry fruit extracts revealed various anti cancerous properties. They were tested on human cancer cells, which all showed considerable control over their growth, which was an incredible thing to find out. Apoptosis, or the sudden death of cells was observed for all of the cancer cells when the gojiberry extracts were administered.
7. It will protect the cells of the brain – the free radicals are able to attack the neurons or brain cells and the damaged brain cells can develop any form of neurodegenerative disease. These diseases can effectively be countered simply by consuming the goji berry. The goji berry extracts have shown significant neuroprotective activity. The team that conducted this research claim that the goji berry possesses a lot of anti aging effects and they have suggested it as a preventive medicine.
8. It will prevent any damage to the liver – the liver is one of the most resilient organs in the human body and it can protect itself from all kinds of chemicals and free radicals, as well as physical damages. the goji berry has been used traditionally in the Chinese medicine in order to treat liver diseases. The extracts from the goji berry showed the free radical scavenging and some other protective properties in terms of maintaining the overall health of the liver.
9. It will provide you with skin care – the ultraviolet radiation is one of the threats that all of us are facing mostly due to the depletion of the ozone layer in several parts of the world. The exposure of the skin to the UV radiation can result in skin damage and even skin cancer in some extreme cases. We can reduce this risk by consuming the goji berries. The goji berry extracts can protect our skin from damage usually done by the UV radiation. There have been plenty of studies which have shown that the goji berries significantly reduce the skin inflammation as well as the immune suppression. The antioxidant potential which is found in the goji berries has been attributed to this particular action.
10. It will improve the quality of your sleep – some of the Chinese traditional uses of the gojiberry are to induce sleep and to reduce the overall stress onthe body. Research has shown that the gojiberry, when given to people, improved their quality of sleep significantly, without ever having any side effects.
The one thing that you need to make certain of is that you are not allergic to the gojiberries. Other than that, feel free to ask your doctor about whether you can consume it (if you happen to be taking some serious medications, such as anticancer or anti depressant drugs). When you have the green light, all you need to do is start implementing them into your regular dieting plan and you will feel much healthier in no time! Start enjoying them now!
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):