Today we are going to turn our focus on a leafy green veggie that will literally leave you speechless because of its health benefits. Let’s talk a bit about a particular type of cabbage which you are all familiar with – it is the chinese cabbage, or also known as bok choy. This is an oval shaped variety of the cabbage, with green leaves who have white veins. It is pale green in its color and is very easy to find in any store.
1. It is able to regulate your blood pressure levels – the presence of the potassium in the Chinese cabbage will create a wonderful way to protect your entire body from the elevated blood pressure levels, which is able to increase the risk of a heart attack and stroke. The potassium acts as a vasodilator, which means that it opens up the blood vessels and makes sure the flow of blood is eased, so it is not being forced in a stress inducing way through any constricted arteries and veins. Overall, the cabbage is a great protection against many types of dangerous health conditions!
2. It is also able to improve your vision – the cabbage is a rich source of beta carotene, and this is the reason why so many people, particularly as they get older, turn to the cabbage for its ability to prevent macular degeneration from happening and generally promote good health of the eyes and the delay of the formation of cataracts. The beta carotene also has been positively linked to reduced chances of prostate cancer, which is something extra to expect on top of all the other anti carcinogenic effects of the cabbage!
3. The cabbage can also benefit your weight loss process – the cabbage is considered to be the best dish for those people who are constantly watching for their weight. So, how many calories are there in the cabbage? Well, an entire cup filled with cooked cabbage contains does not contain more than 33 calories. This means that the cabbage soup diet would mean endless bowls of food with absolutely no weight gain.
4. Is able to improve the health of your bones – the cabbage, just like all the other cruciferous vegetables, is considered to be a great source of minerals such as the calcium, magnesium and potassium. These are three essential minerals which are integral in the protection of the bones from any degradation and from the onset of conditions such as osteoporosis and a general weakening of the bones.
5. The cabbage is excellent for digestion – the dietary fiber is essential for proper digestion of the food inside your gut and the Chinese cabbage contains a lot of that. When you are consuming this veggie, you consume enough of this particular nutrient and develop bulk inside your digestive tract. This will eventually accelerate your digestion by removing all of the unnecessary materials away from your body.
6. It is even able to maintain your cardiovascular health – including the Chinese cabbage or bok choy in your dieting plan can be extremely beneficial for your overall heart health. This is all because this particular vegetable is filled with two of the most important minerals – calcium and potassium, which are able to regulate the blood pressure levels in an efficient way. The amount of sodium which is present in the cabbage is also in quite low levels, which is good for maintaining the health of the cardiovascular system.
7. It is excellent for the blood circulation – if you are eager to improve the circulation within your bloodstream, then you have definitely stumbled across the best product to do succeed in your goal. The Chinese cabbage is able to remove any obstacles found in the bloodstream and provide you with a healthy and normal blood flow to every part of your body.
8. Will provide you with incredible looking skin – the Chinese cabbage is also quite praised for its effects on the beauty of a person, and it also has a role in promoting a healthy skin. If you are suffering from acne or other skin irritations, the cabbage can be the solution for all of your skin related issues. All that you need to do is to steam the upper leaves of the Chinese cabbage and remove all of the veins. Make sure that you compress the leaves between a linen cloth and cotton in order to make them smooth and soft when you touch them. Put the compress on the affected area and leave it like that overnight and you will defintiely experience a spotless skin the next morning.
9. The cabbage acts as an anti inflammatory agent – the Chinese cabbage is known to accumulate a build-up of cadmium-binding complexes in its leaves and one of the main components of this is the glutamine. The glutamine is quite a strong anti inflammatory agent, so consuming the cabbage can reduce the effects of several different types of inflammation, allergies, joint pain, irritation, fever and plenty of different skin disorders.
10. The cabbage will boost your immunity like nothing else – yes, this one is true too! The benefits that come with the consumption of the Chinese cabbage are plenty, and this one made its way onto this list! The Chinese cabbage has a very high content of Vitamin C. This means that the cabbage helps in strengthening the immune system od an individual and also assists in challenging and getting rid of the free radicals.
Basically, the cabbage is the plant that will provide you with a healthy boost in your dieting plan. You should definitely give a bit more credit to this veggie, especially because it is quite a healthy one, and is pretty easy to be added into any of your favorite dishes. You can add it to salads, stews, boil them, even pickle the cabbage, you will reap the benefits and will enjoy a healthier body and mind!
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):