Today we are going to turn our focus to the incredible bamboo shoots. The bamboo shoots contain an adequate amount of nutrients, among which minerals, vitamins as well as antioxidants that contain anti inflammatory, antibacterial and antiviral properties, as well as anti cancer properties which are all able to prevent any health ailments from ever happening.
The bamboo shoots are able to provide you with an excellent amount of potassium that can assist in retaining the normal blood pressure and the normal heartbeat. This is why the regular consumption of the bamboo shoots will help you enhance your cholesterol health too!
This is a food that has been used for its properties all through the world, and this is why today we have chosen it to be the subject upon which we will show you the health benefits it can provide to you. So stick around and find out what these benefits are!
1. It has a low content in calories – if you take a 100 grams of bamboo shoots, you will see that it contains no more than 20 calories! Amazing right? Also, there are carbs found in the bamboo shoots which do not amount to more than 3 or 4 grams per serving of 100 grams.
2. It has a low sugar content too – the amount of sugar which is found in the bamboo shoots is about 2.5 grams per a serving of 100 grams. This is less than the amount of sugars found in most of the fruits and vegetables.
3. And a negllible amount of fat too – if we turn to only a serving of 100 grams of bamboo shoots, we will see that it contains less than 0.49 grams of fat. This is the kind of fat that consists out of saturated as well as unsaturated fats. The unsaturated fats are absolutely necessary for the body because they are able to control the spread of LDL cholesterol (that is the bad cholesterol) through the body.
4. It is high in protein – believe it or not, in one hundred grams of bamboo shoots you can find 2 to 2.5 grams of protein! The proteins found in the bamboo shoots contains several essential amino acids and teo semi essential amino acids as well.
5. Filled with vitamins and minerals – the bamboo shoots contain plenty of vitamins such as Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin B6, niacin, riboflavin, thiamin, folate as well as pantothenic acid. And when it comes to the mineral content, it contains phosphorous, magnesium, calcium, potassium, zinc, sodium, selenium, copper, magnesium and iron.
6. Aid the weight loss process – the bamboo shoots are also considered to be weight loss friendly too. When you take into consideration the number of calories, sugars and carbs found in the bamboo shoots, you will realize that the bamboo shoots are excellent when it comes to helping the people who are eager to lose some weight.
7. Protects the health of the heart – accodring to several research studies, the phytonutrients as well as the phytosterols which are both found in the bamboo shoots are excellent for dissolving the harmful LDL cholesterol that is found in the body. This process will ease the cholesterol right out of the arteries in order to provide you with a smooth supply as well as movement all through the entire body.
8. Give strength to your immune system – the vitamins as well as the minerals which are all found in the bamboo shoots are able to provide your immune system with the boost it needs! They are all improving the overall immune system of the body because they are essential for strengthening it from the inside out.
9. Provides you with a healthy bowel movement – there is a very high amount of dietary fiber found in the bamboo shoots. This is what makes them ideal for maintaining a regular bowel movement. Consuming sufficient amounts of the dietary fiber will lead to a proper digestive system as well as healthy bowel movements.
This is why including the bamboo shoots into your regular dietary plan seems like a very good idea. This also comes for the weight loss issues too, because the bamboo can help you there too. If youhappen to lack from physical activity, this is probably a good time to consume fewer calories, especially before you go to bed, which will help your weight loss process and will even help you get a good night of sleep!
10. Is recommended for wound cleaning – finally, the bamboo shoots are found to be of excellent use when it comes to cleaning wounds and tending to sores.
If you are eager to find out how can you prepare the bamboo shoots, here are some pointers for you at the very end. Feel free to boil the bamboo shoots and then use them for preparing a whole set of various dishes. You can even take the boiled shoots and serve them with soya sauce and butter as a complement to the vegetables.
Other than that, you can add the bamboo shoots to salads, stews, soups or gravies. You are even able to prepare picles from the bamboo shoots! These types are available in the store and can be consumed as a delicious as well as a healthy snack.
This is why we recommend that you give the bamboo shoots a go! Go to the local store and buy them, prepare them and get ready to create a better version of yourself now! Enjoy your new found health!
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):